Shipping calculated at checkout
8/35 monofilament nylon thread used for sewing and quilting
Once you sew it in, it vanishes away into your fabric.
Use Essence on top or in your bobbin for a variety of quilting & embroidery applications, including machine beadwork.
Essence is soft to the hand & very pliable.
1. For overall best sewing results, use a cotton (Magna-Quilt or Clear-Quilt) ready-wound bobbin from Fil-Tec in conjunction with Essence nylon monofilament top thread.
2. Avoid the highest heat setting and quilts containing nylon monofilament thread will emerge from the wash/dry cycle intact. There should be no popped or melted stitches.
3. We suggest taking quilted swatches of each thread and see how applied heat affects each thread product.
4. Should not use direct contact from an iron when using nylon or even polyester monofilament.
5. Thread nets are suggested for creating drag and tension, and for reducing the chances of the thread dropping down to the base of the spool while getting “hung-up” or “snagged”.